The François Prume Room
Named in honour of Stavelot’s own François Prume (1816-1849), a violinist of international renown who played with both Franz Liszt and Felix Mendelssohn, this room was refurbished during the last renovation of the Abbey buildings begun in 1999. With tiered seating and equipped for stage performances, the room is well suited to hosting many types of event, whether musical or not. It is often used for exhibitions, but equally can accommodate larger musical groups such as choirs, chamber orchestras and wind ensembles. With reversible wall panels, the room can be adapted to provide the appropriate acoustic balance for any musical or theatrical event.